A couple weeks ago I made lemon-lime tea cakes and they were AMAZING! They were really easy to make so I decided to experiment with new flavors. First up was mini cannoli cakes. They turned out great and I’m resisting all temptation to make more immediately.
Mini Cannoli Cakes
Servings (12 layered cakes)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, plus some for cupcake holder
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 container of Ricotta cheese (I used 15 oz)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter (or spray) regular size cupcake pan.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter, 2/3 cup sugar, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 2 eggs, beat to combine.
- With mixer on low add 1 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Scoop one tablespoon of batter into each cupcake holder (makes about 24).
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine and blend 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 container of Ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Allow cakes to cool and add a layer of frosting.
- Keep refrigerated.