I brought a pasta salad to my sister-in-law’s for the 4th of July and it was delicious. I picked a salad with radish because I had leftovers from the Thai chicken tacos I made earlier in the week (and highly recommend). The picture is from the original recipe but I doctored it up a bit. If you want the recipe from the picture follow the link; otherwise, my recipe is below.
This pasta is very simple to make and great for a party because there is no mayonnaise. It was served chilled at the BBQ without meat and we decided to add lamb for a more satisfying dinner the next day. One night we ate the pasta cold with warm lamb. The following day, I heated up the pasta and lamb. There is a lot of flexibility to do what you’d like.
Lamb, Radish and Fennel Pasta
- Box of whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup diced fennel
- 1 cup radish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 pound ground lamb
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine salt, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and pepper; mix well. Add fennel, radish mint, and onion; mix well. Add cooled noodles and thoroughly coat with mixture.
- It’s a matter of preference if/when you cook the lamb. It can be added warm to cooled noodles or chilled with pasta. The pasta can also be eaten warm.