We had a great summer but I’ll admit I’m ready for a change in season. Our days at the pool, eating popsicles on the porch and twilight walks were wonderful but our a/c could use a break and I miss sweaters (I won’t miss boots and winter jackets though).
Now that Lucas is older, I want to get better at planning festive activities for us to do together. From past experience I’ve learned that quality is better than quantity so here are our goals for the month:
- Nature Walk at Maybury and nature painting with items collected from walk
- Farmers Market – Eastern Market & Wilson’s Barn
- Date night at Peterboro with Danny – we desperately need some quality time!
- Long weekend in Naples, Florida!
- Picnic and family photos at Cranbrook
- Apple orchard and lots of apple baking – apple butter, apple wings, apple scones, apple sauce….
Lucas and I already hit up the apple orchard with his cousins and we’re still using up apples. I’m thinking our family trip might be to Three Cedars Farm which has fall fun sans u-pick orchard.
The only picture where I was able to capture how happy he actually was to be at the orchard!