November was the fastest month I’ve ever lived through – no exaggeration. I’m not remotely prepared for December but here it comes.
- Nature Center @ Nankin Mills: The Nature Center down the street got a major renovation and we took a family walk to check it out. Lucas loved the turtles and snakes.
- Playdate @ YoYo’s Funland: Lucas met up with his best bud at an indoor play place and they had a ball. In true toddler style their favorite thing to do was sit in front of the video game car game and pretend to play.
- Friendsgiving: We had a great friendsgiving with the usual crowd and new faces including the Henkes and Kat’s blacksmith!
- Election Day In Livonia: Maureen Brosnan will be our city’s first female mayor and I’m really excited to see what her administration does.
- Chicken Sandwich Roadtrip Downtown: Popeye’s is the talk of the town but impossible to get so we decided to try the chicken sandwiches at Stache, Penny Red’s and Second Best in Detroit. It was complete chaos but memorable and Second Best is the clear winner.
- STEAM Day @ The Henry Ford: I had a meeting on STEAM Day and Aunt Alicia took the boys around the museum. Afterwards we checked out the special activities that Ford set up and got an impossible to assemble cardboard race car.
- Changing Seasons: We racked leaves just in time because the next day there was a major snow dump and the first November Snow Day for schools.
- USA Hockey Game: I took the boys to a USA Hockey game for work and Lucas LOVED it! I thought we’d check it out and leave but he wanted to stay for the whole game. I’m going to bring him to an open skate this year to see how he likes it – but he will never be a hockey player (way too expensive).
- Date Night @ DSO: Danny got us a NextGen membership for our anniversary and we went to our first show of the season. It was nice to have some quality time and good seats!
- Leo’s First Birthday @ Punch Bowl Social: Big city fun for Leo’s first birthday party and Lucas bowled for the first time!
- The Story @ 1001 Woodward: Bedrock has a new pop-up for the holiday and it’s cute. There’s crafts for kids and you can fill out and they’ll mail postcards.
- Thanksgiving: We had a good holiday with plenty of food. We also looked pretty snazzy in our pink/blue outfits. Mom got the boys matching outfits I couldn’t go to one photo wear. I’d found Danny Tommy Hilfigure pink pants at the Salvation Army last month and I can fit into at least one dress.
- Cranbrook Institute of Science: Mom and I took the boys to Cranbrook to check out their new Robotics exhibit. Lucas loves museums and Sammy liked watching me turn the gears.
- Holiday Stroll @ Meadowbrook Hall: Not a baby/toddler-friendly activity but a beautiful mansion that mom and I at least enjoyed peaking through amidst over tired children chaos.
Misc. happenings: Lots of house projects (kitchen door, basement fireplace, reading area re-paint and wallpaper job, front entry flooring purchased and tv to be mounted – idk what we’re thinking). Danny is loving The Witcher and got the book series for us to read – we’re not making progress. I loved reading Kristing Hannah’s The Nightgale. Kat and I started The Crown season 3 and it’s amazing. Kerry got me a relaxing massage at IMMERSE Spa and it’s my bucket-list date for me and Danny in 2020. The Illumination Grinch movie is being watched daily and we all enjoy it.
Our chicken sandwich review video: