I let most of my magazine subscriptions end so you can imagine my excitement when I received Real Simple in the mail Monday. A quality Martha Stewart magazine on a below freezing day was just what I wanted. Here are the top 5 finds in this month’s issue.
- Break from technology: How I miss the simple days the of the 90s. Being accessible 24 hours a day is exhausting. A clean break is near impossible since I fear I will miss a call/text if someone needs me. I would consider getting a landline; however, Danny thinks it’s pointless. As an alternative I shall adopt the suggestion of using a traditional alarm clock to at least get the phone out of the bedroom.
- No. 7 Night Cream: In an endless journey to develop a beauty routine I think I’ll pick up this night cream to give life to my ever aging skin.
- Cleaning Tips: Keeping a clean shower is nearly impossible in our house. Both Danny and I hate the task and a pesky shower drain only adds to our problem. This drain cleaner recommendation has me intrigued and I hope it works:
- Pour 1/2 cup of baking-soda into drain followed by 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Allow mixture to foam for 5 minutes. Rinse with a full kettle of boiling water.
- When you drop a small object pick it up while keeping one leg elevated behind you.
- Watch television while sitting on an exercise ball.
- When you’re brushing your teeth stand on one leg.