- I’m functioning sans espresso
- My head is clearer and I’m able to focus better
- I’m not missing any food and am eating really well
So far the Whole30 is going well. I don’t know if it’s the program itself or my motivation to do it but it’s been very therapeutic. I’m forced to slow down and think about my actions – no binge eating because I’ve had a bad day (or a good day). I’m eating plenty and it’s delicious (Danny made scallops, lobster and steak for dinner Sunday). Since I’m paying attention to what I can eat now, I’m thinking more about what I have been eating and noticing that it’s not hard to make improvements.
Perhaps I haven’t hit the crash point yet and maybe 30 days will prove to be just enough time but at the moment I can imagine integrating a Paleo+ diet into our household for 3-4 days out of the week.
Here are some of the foods I ate last week and will continue to eat:
Breakfast: Over-hard egg, mini hash browns, sausage link and a fruit. Also coffee – Stok’s cold brew over a splash of cherry juice, Almond Breeze’s almond/coconut milk and ice.
Dinner: We’ve had the best meals this week and they’ve also provided plenty of leftovers for lunch.
- Coconut Red Curry Shrimp Soup – This was AMAZING! I used half of the recommended liquid to make a sauce for cauliflower rice instead of a traditional soup.
- Baked Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Chocolate Chili – We’ve been eating this for DAYS!
- Crock Pot Corned Beef – I only used water. I also made additional roasted vegetables (olive oil only). Great news – Horseradish is compliant!
My favorite meal was one I made on a whim when everyone else was enjoying pizza. Chicken drumsticks tossed in a marinade Danny randomly made (probably salt, pepper, basil, onion power and olive oil) put in a pan, drizzled with minced garlic and the juice from the jar, topped with fire roasted tomatoes (drained) and baked for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. I put it on a bed of salad greens. It was fantastic!
Snacks: LaraBars (Apple Pie, Cherry Pie and Pecan Pie), frozen fruit (peaches, cherries and raspberries) and baby carrots. Stretching the concept but staying in the rules – popcorn and original Kettle chips.
Here’s to another successful week.