Going into 2018 with my Kate Middleton shirt and Meghan Markle hair (more on that later but spoiler alert: keratin is magic!).
2017 was a burn out year, I probably overextended myself and part of me wants to make 2018 the year of no. I’m always busy and lately I’m busier than usual. I like being productive, I love seeing the important people in my life but it is exhausting. It also takes away from time with the two most important people in my life. So while in a completely selfish, consequence free world I’d love to say no to everything and stay home this year, I must acknowledge reality. So instead of saying no to everything, I’ll say no more. I’ll put my people-pleasing self in some uncomfortable situations so that I can do what is best for my family of three.
- Lose weight – for real. I have literally gained 20lbs and I don’t feel good about it. It is the result of not taking care of myself and I must do better. So maybe this goal should really be self care – eat better, drink more water, do yoga and take time to breathe (and sleep).
- Run a half marathon. UGH this has been a goal for two separate years but third time the charm. We came close last year but the new gig got us off track. This year it’s happening – no excuses.
- Monthly date night with Danny. I write about all the hot places to go in Detroit but I have been to very few. I want us to go to one nice dinner a month so that we can have quality time together, experience the stuff we cover on After 5, AND have things to blog about!
- Plan special things for Lucas. Yes we have Mama-Lucas days but too often our plans are derailed and we’re running errands or stuck at home. Lucas deserves more stimulation so I want to make sure we are getting him out of the house at least once a week and I want to plan a fun activity for us to do at home, at least once a month.
- Finally, I want to make money this year. I suck at making money and while it might not be the PC thing to say it is very much a priority. I work too hard and too well to not value myself. Therefore, I’m going to do whatever I have to in order to make it happen.
Here’s to a new year!