Life is crazy (and) wonderful these days. We have so much going on, I hate not having a blog record of it all but there’s no time to blog. I do want to remember that it’s all good stuff. I spend as much time with my guys as I can and that’s basically all the time with the littlest one. I’m living my greatest wish and I’m oh so thankful.
Ordering this Ice Cream Maker/Soccer ball! Danny has been talking about getting an ice cream maker FOREVER and we’re a soccer (tots) family so this is beyond perfect – hopefully it works! I also want to try these key lime pie popsicles.
Wearing new clothes because I’m not losing my baby weight quickly AND I’m nursing. I want and plan to lose the weight but regardless of how soon that happens, I’ll still be nursing for a year and needed some nursing friendly clothes. HM has great options and they had an amazing sale so I found a couple items for cheap – wahoo!
Eating better because of Hungry Harvest. For $15 every two weeks we get a box of fruits and vegetables and that is the most reliable way to get healthy food in our kitchen and in our bodies.
Drinking I hit my limit with Starbucks pricing and have officially converted to Biggby. I honestly am enjoying coffee from home more than going out but when I do I go on Wednesday for a $3 16oz latte – can’t beat that.
Watching General Hospital when I work at night and it feels like home. I’ve been following these characters for 20 years and it’s good to see them again. I also enjoy it because I remember the kid I was when I watched. I remember how hard things were and how I felt like everything I have now was an impossibility and it feels nice to be on the other side and know that everything works out and is better than I ever imagined.+
Planning SO many activities. I think I’m a little crazy but I don’t want to waste a minute of the boys childhood or the sunshine so we’re stocking up our calendar. This weekend we’re doing a cousin outing at the fire department, soccer tots, meet up with Lucas’ friend from school at Greenmead’s Touch-A-Truck, and go to a Things With Wings event at Matthaei Botanical Gardens. Items on August calendar:
- Lions pre-season game? Lucas and I share a love of Tom Brady and even though he doesn’t really watch football I am contemplating the historical importance of seeing the GOAT in person.
- We’re going to Domino Farms for a birthday party.
- I bought Danny a projector for outdoor movies so we plan to have an outdoor BBQ bash with friends next month.
- Since Danny works nights I was also thinking of taking the boys to New Center Park to watch Into The Spider-Verse on the big screen (we seriously watch it every day at home these days – no complaints it’s amazing). If we don’t make it to that we’re definitely going to check out the live puppet show at the park at the end of the month.
- There’s a panel discussion on Parenthood and the work place downtown and I plan to take the boys.
- A trip to the Henry Ford is likely and I really want to go to Eastern Market and walk the Riverfront too.
- I’m taking the boys to the splash pad in Canton and going to an influencer event at Goldfish Swim School – Lucas loves it there so I’m excited to surprise him!
- On the date front: the Hakalas are having a Gatsby party and I’d love to go to The Whitney’s Motown in the Garden party and tie in an evening at the DIA.
It’s funny because I don’t feel like we do that much but seeing this list and thinking about what we have done, we’re keeping busy enough.