Another day and another year older! Time flies. 26 was a good year. Certainly some bumps in the road and not everything I expected but that’s life. First year of married life was good. I have great friends. I had lots of fun with MEP. I have a job, a car and a place to live – things I don’t take for granted at all.
Last year I set 25 goals for myself and I did REALLY well!
Be a better blogger – To say I’ve been a bad blogger is an understatement but I’m determined to improve. Go to Holiday Nights at Greenfield Village – my favorite thing to do in life possibly but we didn’t go last year. Fill in the gaps in my wardrobe – there are some things I want and I want to actually get them. Read – I haven’t been a complete bum in this area. I’ve just writing my own things other than reading the past six months.
- Swear less – with no frakking exceptions. I found this very fun manners flyer from 100 years ago for my MEP girls and I should start practicing what I preach. <—- MMMM I’m an awful judge of this. Anyone care to tell me?
Run a 5k – I’ve said this so many times but I’m determined to do it this year no matter if I’m running November 3rd 2013.<—- SUPER proud of this!
- Learn to accessorize – I want to expand my wardrobe but I also want to learn to play with what I have with new jewelry.
Send more cards. Kat sends cards for everything and I think that is so nice. I’m determined to be better about that too – at the very least with just Kat.<—– Last minute save Eat more vegetables, and less sweets – I’m not a horrific eater but my greens v. dessert ratios are completely inverted. Visit New York City. I’ve been wanting to go back for years – this is the year. See Bond!
- Spend quality time with Danny – We spend time together but sometimes we spend more time together doing our own thing than doing things together. For that reason I would like to do 25 things from this 77 Date Night list. <—- I think we did better with hit category.
- Practice Spanish. I don’t think I’ve completely lost my Spanish knowledge and I’d like to keep it that way.
Keep the house clean – This will be more challenging than not swearing. I will clean this place spotless but it’s still a disaster in a day. Go to Eastern Market – I’m not sure we went at all this year Spend time with family and friends – I’m really good at it with some people and really bad at it with others. I want to make a concerted effort to do well with everyone.
- Plan meals – I want to do this for fiscal and health reasons. Not having a consistent food plans leads us to occasionally going out and/or eating unhealthy foods.
Save money – this has basically been an impossible goal up to this point. It’s still looking pretty dire but fingers crossed. Dedicate a set time for MEP work – I spend time on MEP but I could spend more time on it. I really liked last weeks lesson and want to structure more like that – I also need to find a mortician for Britney.
- Learn to do at home mani-pedis
- Volunteer more – I’ve been a definite bum in this area. I do MEP but I could totally do more
Go to Cranbrook – I’ve had this on my to-do list for a very long time. Maybe I can actually get it done this year!
- Sarah Richardson bedroom – this might be asking too much but it’s be a lot of fun to start accumulating the things from my SR bedroom Pinterest page
.<—– NEARLY FINISHED!
- Meditate – I was good for a few days then I stopped but I think it could be useful so I want to give it a go again.
This year I want to keep it up! I’m not going to set a specific number of goals but here are some things I’d like to accomplish:
- Establish a facial routine and learn to put on make-up.
- Finish my International Literary project
- Give ODKB a try
- Be a better, nicer person
- PRACTICE SPANISH!
- Find a new job
- Run a 10k
- Learn to cook food my sickies Danny and B can eat
- Work on Roosevelt research
- Maintain my weight
- Stay within our budget
- Keep the house clean
- Wake up earlier
- Learn to garden