We’re going on a road trip for our summer vacation and I can’t wait! In preparation for many hours on the road I’m making a Pure Michigan Playlist. I’m definitely a Motown girl. Our wedding playlist was Motown exclusive and I plead with Danny to sing Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell with me on a regular basis. I probably listen to Eminem more than any other artist, excluding Taylor Swift. Rap God is our current favorite. I especially love it because it reminds me of this Epic Rap Battle. And I can’t help but make a special note about Fireworks. Danny’s childhood best friend, Kyle, is in the band and their new album Oh, Common Life is great and worth checking out.
- Welcome 2 Detroit – Tick Trick feat. Eminem
- You’re All I Need to Get By – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- All Summer Long – Kid Rock
- My Eyes Don’t Cry – Stevie Wonder
- Hotel Yorba – The White Stripes
- Dancing in the Streets – Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
- Stranglehold – Ted Nugent
- My Last – Big Sean
- I’m Gonna Make You Love Me – The Supremes and The Temptations
- 4 Minutes – Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake
- Glowing Crosses – Fireworks
- Rap God – Eminem
- Cruisin’ – Smokey Robinson
Honorable mention: Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing – play this in Metro Detroit and you will have the entire crowd singing.
(Source: Industry of all Nations)
One thought on “Pure Michigan Playlist”
The one exception to your honorable mention is Melissa. She has included “don't stop believing” on her banned list for reception songs at the wedding. She hates it.