We’re going on a road trip for our summer vacation and I can’t wait! In preparation for many hours on the road I’m making a Pure Michigan Playlist. I’m definitely a Motown girl. Our wedding playlist was Motown exclusive and I plead with Danny to sing Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell with me on a regular basis. I probably listen to Eminem more than any other artist, excluding Taylor Swift. Rap God is our current favorite. I especially love it because it reminds me of this Epic Rap Battle. And I can’t help but make a special note about Fireworks. Danny’s childhood best friend, Kyle, is in the band and their new album Oh, Common Life is great and worth checking out.
- Welcome 2 Detroit – Tick Trick feat. Eminem
- You’re All I Need to Get By – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- All Summer Long – Kid Rock
- My Eyes Don’t Cry – Stevie Wonder
- Hotel Yorba – The White Stripes
- Dancing in the Streets – Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
- Stranglehold – Ted Nugent
- My Last – Big Sean
- I’m Gonna Make You Love Me – The Supremes and The Temptations
- 4 Minutes – Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake
- Glowing Crosses – Fireworks
- Rap God – Eminem
- Cruisin’ – Smokey Robinson
Honorable mention: Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing – play this in Metro Detroit and you will have the entire crowd singing.
(Source: Industry of all Nations)