Last year I wrote a summer to-do list, this year its fall. Autumn is far and away my favorite season. I love the weather, the activities and the celebrations! Here are the things I’m looking forward to most.
- Greenmead: The historic site is a little Greenfield Village in Livonia. It is a cute collection of old homes that you can tour and various seasonal activities. This year I’m going to check out the flea market because – why not?
- Fall Photos: I won’t say maternity photos because I’m not sold on them; however, I would like Danny and I to take some pictures in the leaves.
- Cider Mills: It’s impossible to go through the season without some fresh cider donuts and a trip to the apple orchard. We’ve tried different spots over the years and haven’t found our go-to orchard just yet but we’re getting close.
- The Detroit Bus Company offers a Halloween bus tour that Danny has wanted to go on for the past couple years. This year I promised we would go and I really hope we get tickets before they sell out.
- Pumpkins: I don’t get on the pumpkin spice everything bandwagon but I would like to make some pumpkin bread this year (maybe some pie too). One of my favorite memories of our early dating life is carving pumpkins at my first apartment. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun – and I grabbed one of my favorite selfies.
- Thanksgiving Traditions: Now that we are more officially a family, Danny is determined to start our own traditions. To start, he is going to the Lions game on Thanksgiving with Cory and B and Mom and I will go to the parade. To avoid horrific holiday traffic we’ve reserved a couple hotel rooms at Greektown for Thanksgiving Eve. Mom and Danny will enjoy the casino and B and I will enjoy desserts and movies in the hotel room.
- Friendsgiving: Last year we did jump on the Friendsgiving and I loved it. Our friends are our family and it was fun to have everyone together for the Lions game. I’m looking forward to doing it again this year and hope everyone can come.
- XOXOs: The season will be spent with lots of football both college and pro but also LOVE. We’re celebrating our three year anniversary this year!
- Spectre: I also LOVE Bond and it’s always a birthday treat in November for the latest Daniel Craig release.