I’m SO excited for the holiday weekend. I promised the guys I’ll be putting away the phone and I can’t wait. I’ll still use the camera and will have lots to share next week!
Per last week’s posts, there are lots of changes coming to Detroit and I think Southwest will be the next boom area. I hope these plans move forward.
My love for Fresh Air often finds its way into these posts. This week I heard an interview with Michael Chabon (who has a new book out Pops: Fatherhood in Pieces) and it was nice. Not necessarily a must listen to but I loved what he said about parenting. That if you do it right, your kids grow up and don’t need you and you’re left with an unrequited love. Your kids will love you but they’ll never understand or return the love you have for them. That rings so true and perfect description of parenting.
We only ever make the point to see MARVEL or Bond films but right now there are two movies I want to see Ocean’s 8 and The Book Club, Danny wants to see Deadpool. There’s no way all of this is happening but I hope to see them eventually. In Jane Fonda’s latest blog post she mentioned that Candice Bergen is returning as Murphy Brown (PREVIEW)! I don’t know if I missed it or forgot but the teaser looks great and I’m so ready to go back to the 90s.
I’m busting out Magnolia recipes and these Korean Tacos were delicious. It’s not online so here’s the recipe, it is slightly altered from the magazine. I highly recommend it for a summer meal.
Korean BBQ Tacos
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2T fresh cilantro
- 2T fresh chives
- 2T sesame oil
- 2T + 1t soy sauce
- 1T canola oil
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1lbs flank steak
- Flour tortillas
- 2c sliced Purple cabbage
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 1/2c rice vinegar
- 1/2t sesame seeds
- 1/2c sour cream
- 2T lime juice
- 1T heavy cream
- 1/2t garlic salt
- 1/2t cayenne pepper
- In a gallon plastic bag add brown sugar, cilantro, chives, sesame oil, 2T soy sauce, canola oil, 2t grated red onion, 2 cloves minced garlic and flanked steak; refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare cabbage slaw: In a bowl stir together rice vinegar; 1t soy sauce; sesame seeds and 1 clove minced garlic. Add purple cabbage, 1/4 c sliced onion and shredded carrot; toss to coat and refrigerate.
- Grill steak for about 7 minutes on each side or until desired wellness.
- Whisk together sour cream, lime juice, heavy cream, garlic salt and cayenne pepper.
- Warm tortillas and top with steak, slaw, and sauce.